Friday 18 September 2015

Case study: KONY 2012

The purpose of Kony 2012 video is to raise the awareness of Joseph Kony's Crime and promote the Charity 'Invisible Children' and to encourage young people to be brave to take action to what they want to do and what they can do with those children suffering under Kony's LRA on the other side of world :Uganda.
I think this campaign is very effective as a social action documentary. The video is very persuasive, the evidence has given in the video and emotions shows through the whole video. The real life stories of Jacob do affect the video and the way the creator described how his own life linked to Kony, and made young people feel involved by showing their powerful voices. In addition, They've also made people do believe that they can change things and things already get changed, by showing the timelines, letters from Barrack Obama, it just give us the encouragement to try our best and to join them.
When I first watched this video, I was shocked and feel sorry for these children because I just know about this campaign and I got the idea of 'Invisible Children', there are lots of people like me who still not know about who is Kony and what he did. I was also pleased that at least there was someone who discovered this and trying to get the message across globally. I would like to help this charity because they evidence they've showed us is saying it's worth to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment